|Final Smash||Ridley Finisher|
Ridley (リドリー) is a recurring dragon-like antagonist in the Metroid series. He is the leader of the Space Pirates' military, and is responsible for the death of Samus’ parents, which is why the two have such a bitter rivalry. Ridley may look like a mindless beast, but he is actually incredibly intelligent, as shown by his ability to command an army of Space Pirates, among other things. Ridley has appeared in just about every single Metroid game to date, and has been a major boss in them all. Ridley has been defeated many times by Samus, but he always seems to return, be it as a cyborg or as a clone of his former self. He is one of the top requested characters to appear in a Super Smash Bros. title as a playable character.
Ridley is a vicious fighter. He’s fast and deadly, but thanks to his lack of mass, he is a somewhat light fighter. His moves hit very fast, but they are not particularly powerful for the most part. Of course, some of them are very strong. After all, he's Ridley. Ridley has a particularly special attribute. If he uses any attack involving his tail, there’s a slight difference in how the move works. If the opponent is hit by the larger part of his tail in the tail attacks, they don’t really receive any real knockback or damage, but if they hit the tip of his tail, the knockback and damage is greatly increased! It isn’t bad to hit the broad part of the tail, though. The lack of knockback sets Ridley up for some monster combos!
Ridley's Normal Moves
- Claw swipe, second swipe, then turns around and attacks with a tail sweep.
- Ridley does a two-move attack where he swipes his tail back and fourth in front of the opponent.
- Slashes tail above his head quickly. Great for juggling. It hits from behind first.
- Ridley swipes his tail in front of him. Has a sweet spot with more damage and knockback at the end of the tail, due to the spike. Like how Charizard's d-tilt worked in Brawl, only Ridley uses his tail.
- Ridley dashes forward, attacking with his claw, then with his wing. A bit faster than Bowser's (In Brawl), a bit slower than Kirby's. It works like Link/Toon Links Side Smash, The hit with the claw and Wing are separate, so you press the button twice for both.
- Ridley soars into a flip. Weaker than Ike's Up Smash, but has better range.
- Ridley spins around, attacking with his tail on both sides in the same fashion as ROB's Down Smash. If opponent is close to Ridley when it is executed, they get hit multiple times, or until they reach the edge of him, where they would get knocked back by a bigger hit. If they aren't right next to him, it just does the knockback hit.
- Ridley ascends and scrapes his feet on the floor. Hits the opponent upwards slightly.
- Spins in a fast, multi-hitting ball. The opponent is dragged wherever Ridley falls, like a backwards Screw Attack. Does no knockback.
- Ridley flips, and slams the opponent with his tail. This is a Meteor Smash. The initial spinning does a few hits before the tail smack.
- Ridley swipes his tail back quickly. Good for a Wall of Pain. Tip of the tail has a sweet spot for added damage and knockback.
- Ridley stabs his wings upwards. This is good for juggling.
- Sticks tail right beneath him to stab. If he hits the ground while doing this (not the enemy), he bounces.
- Ridley Flies forwards, sliding the opponents face on the ground, then lets them fly.
- Ridley grabs the opponent with his tail, and tosses them away.
- Ridley slashes the opponent upwards.
- Ridley torches the opponent, then slams them into the ground, leaving them there.
Ridley's Special Moves
|Ridley shoots a fireball. If used in the air, it goes diagonally downwards, and makes a light explosion upon contact, which does no damage, but it stuns the opponent. If you use it in the ground, it bounces like Marios Fireball, but it bounces higher and is bigger. You can rapid-fire shoot them by pressing the b button repeatedly. This can be done up to 10 fireballs until he automatically stops shooting.|
|Side Special||Mega Gust||Ridley gusts his wings forward, like he does in the fight against him in SSBB. Ridley can do this in the air, and on the ground. It works like F.L.U.D.D. and Water Gun, only it can't be charged, and it lasts for 3 seconds. It blows the opponent back the same as F.L.U.D.D. and Water Gun when they're half charged. The initial Flap of Ridley's wings will cause some damage, and knock the opponent into the gust.|
|Up Special||Air Raid||Ridley does a Flying Grab/Throw. He first boosts forwards, claws outstretched, then he rises into the air, doing a wing uppercut. If the opponent is hit, Ridley throws the enemy downward under him, similar to Lucas' Air Grab, and falls down in the helpless position. If they arent hit, Ridley goes into his Glide.|
|Down Special||Giant Fireball||Ridley shoots a large fireball. It can be charged to be bigger and more damaging. Ridley can also hold this charge in his mouth by stopping it, like Lucario or Samus, and continue charging later. If fully charged, it should do damage equivilent to two Bob-Omb explosions. If used in the air, Ridley would shoot it diagonally downwards.|
|Final Smash||Ridley Finisher||Ridley jumps up to the sky, then rams into the opponent(s) from the background. If the opponent is near Ridley when he innitiates the attack, They become buried, almost guaranteeing a hit. If not, The attack is very easy to avoid. It almost guarantees a K.O. if it hits.|
- Metroid (1987)
- Metroid: Zero Mission (2004)
- Super Metroid (1994)
- Metroid: Other M (2010)